Stories of the days spent in the world of paralegalism, and the journey to something bigger and better.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Google for Instructions Next Time.

I made the biggest rookie mistake last week....

"Hey, summarize that huge, full of farmer speak deposition for me, would ya?"

... and so I begin.  Writing a summary of what is contained within the 230 page deposition.  After the first day and a half, I decide Google might be resourceful, you know, to confirm I was on the right track.  Wrong.  So wrong.  You need citations to the deposition contained within the deposition summary, something I forgot.  Whoops.

So, I paid myself back by spending the rest of the week re-writing farmer speak into coherent, factual sentences.  ... and my weekend, redlining the stupid thing for no pay!

Lesson learned.  Google for instructions next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment